Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Lenny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:11 pm   

#coloring only the background

Is there any way to change the background color of a line/whatever but keeping the foreground color intact?

I need to know that because I have set the comm channels in my mud to a certain background color, to be able to #capture them into a window, making me able to capture the text without confusing it with other text of the same color. The problem is, I want to see the text in that window with a black background color, but keeping all the original foreground colors.

Is this possible?

Thanks for all the help!
Gnord
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:20 pm   

#trigger {(%w) group-says(*)} {#window Chat {%ansi( green, bold)%1 group-says %2}}

For me, Bob group-says 'hi', would already be bold green, but sometimes (because I have multiple triggers on the same pattern) I end up capturing other stuff when I use #capture, so
I decided to use #window, via the above method. This manually sets the color, to what it would have been in the begining, but also the background is black as opposed to whatever it WAS.
Lenny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:26 pm   

Maybe I should be more specific?
The mud I play in let's you color what you say with color tags, so the text in the comm might have different colors in the same line. What I want to do is change the background to black, without making the whole line have the same foreground color. Since I see no command to change only the background color, I was wondering if it was possible.

Thanks for answering, anyways.
Lenny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:14 am   

Nevermind, figured it out myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: