Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Gnord
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:30 pm   

Mapper Configuration

This is a question for Zugg, or somebody familiar with the code:

Has the mapper autoconfiguration been changed recently?
And I guess by recently I mean since 7.12

Because my roomate could not configure his mapper for ANYTHING, it was constantly catching the wrong line. Then, since mine was working, I did the stupidest thing I could possibly imagine doing (I even had a bad feeling about it at the time) and reconfigured my own mapper to "demonstrate" that the reconfiguration should work.

Well, it broke my configuration. Thankfully, my roomate's brother had still working good .zfg files that hadn't been reconfigured, and we've since backed up that .zfg file in a different directory as the only working .zfg we have available to us for that mud. But if we ever need to reconfigure again, it does not seem possible to redo it. Even when we go set all the settings manually, they do not work. Even when setting them to be identical to what we already know works for that mud.

Anyway, I have a working .zfg that was made a long time ago, thanks to my roomate's brother, but none-the-less, it's a real pain that we can't autoconfigure anymore.

Are there other ways to manually configure it, in case this kind of thing happens to me again? And I'm not talking config->configuration settings, because we changed EVERYTHING in there to the appropriate values, and that did not work. I would need something more powerful, for the more trigger savvy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: