Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dane
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:46 pm   

Duration

Hi guys,

Still working on this Duration thing and the COND. Can't for the life of me figure out how to use either.

I can understand the IF/THEN statements. And I understand the basic trigger commands.

However when I put them together I get lost.

For example-

When I say hello to someone, they have 5 seconds to say hello back to me. If I get no response in 5 seconds, I want to be able to say go to hell.

So how do I trig off a no response?

#TR {You say "hello".} #COND {hello} {#Wait;say go to hell}

ugh...
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:31 pm   

I don't recall if #STATE is a usable command inside of automatic states, but assuming it is you could perhaps do something like the following:

#trigger {You say "hello".} {DidRespond = 0}
#condition {} {#if (DidRespond = 0) {say go to hell}} {wait|param=5000} <--if syntax is wrong, it's supposed to be a wait-state with a duration of 5 seconds.

#trigger {They say "something".} {DidRespond = 1;anything else you might want to do}
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:48 pm   

I guess what I'm having a hard time understanding is the #condition statement is a separate trigger or function?
JQuilici
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:14 pm   

#COND adds a new state onto the previously-defined trigger. It does not define a new trigger.

I think the following (competely untested, off-the-top) code will do what you want:

#TR {You say "hello".} {DidRespond = 0;#ALARM GTH +5 {#if (DidRespond = 0) {say Go to hell} } }
#COND {They say "something".} {DidRespond = 1}

This (a) sets up an ALARM that fires after 5 secs, and says "go to hell" if no responses, and (b) has a second state that checks to see if anyone says something. Change the pattern in the #COND to fit the appropriate response, and you should be good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: