Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dbsexton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:52 pm   

speedwalk and brief mode

I use fast walk to get from place to place and I'd like to send the "brief" command to the server before starting a speedwalk and after finishing a speedwalk. I always use the map itself (favorites or just right click) to execute the speedwalks. I've looked on the forums and through the documentation and didn't see anything.

For example, I want to speedwalk to a room that zmud determines is 4 sw, 3 e, d, 4 s from my current position. Normally it would send,

sw
sw
sw
sw
e
e
e
d
s
s
s
s

but I'd like it to send

brief
sw
sw
sw
sw
e
e
e
d
s
s
s
s
brief

Turning brief on will reduce the amount of text from the server by a factor of about 50. This mud has rooms that are 500-2000 rooms away from each other with 1-2 paragraph descriptions, so that reduction is quite significant.

I'm ideally looking for a solution that will continue to allow me to just right click a map square and speedwalk to it.

Thank you in advance
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:43 am   

#ONINPUT "WalkDetector" {^({n|e|s|w|ne|se|nw|sw|u|d})$} {#IF (%roomlink(,%1)!=%destroom) {#T- WalkDetector;#SEND {brief}}}
#ALIAS onroomenter {#IF ((%roomnum=%destroom)&(%trigger(WalkDetector)=0)) {#T+ WalkDetector;brief}}

That should about handle it, I am not too sure how it will react in all speedwalking modes, but I use a similar script for detecting map intiated walks and capturing them into my own walking routines.
dbsexton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:05 am   

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, the above statements didn't work for me. However, it did point me in the right direction. Specifically that %destroom is -1 at the onroomenter if the room is the destination room. Since if the commands are done one a time by me typing, the destination room is always the next one, so manual input should always give -1. So I wrote the following (at 1:30AM so be kind to me if there is an obvious problem).

Code:

#if ((%destroom != -1) & (@BriefOn = 0)) {
  #send brief
  #var BriefOn 1
  }
#if ((%destroom = -1) & (@BriefOn = 1)) {
  #send brief
  #var BriefOn 0
  }

Basically I check for a non negative 1 destroom (meaning I'm in a map walk) and that I don't have brief already turned on (through the @BriefOn variable). If the destroom is negitive 1 and I've got brief on, then turn it off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: