Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mo24
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 pm   

Problems with #record

I have a problem friends. I want to record the paths I use to get to a mob, and then add that mob and its path to a database.

First I tried #PATH. But most of my speedwalks are to areas alone and are already in aliases. #PATH does not record the alias. Plus, I often enter portals on the mud to get between areas, as well as open various doors. Could not get #PATH to handle all of those things, only simple cardinal direction.

Second, I thought to use #RECORD. Now this seems useful, because it records everything - alias name, and path, and all doors opened, portals entered etc. It worked first few tries, but now, it will not!
I have one alias 'ag' I type to start it, it contains:
#RECORD
or #RECORD tempalias
This should start the recording.. but it does not. It seems to begin recording, but then the moment I type anything such as an alias or commands, it stops! I verify it is turning off by typing #record again from prompt.

If I type the #record from prompt and not from script, it works fine. Only if I have it in script does it refuse to work. The little face for alias recording on status bar also gets an 'X' on it whenever I type anything after the alias that begins recording. Is this a bug? I don't understand it. Any suggestion?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: