Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
trix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:29 am   

Freezing ZMud

I am using ZMud 7.21 with Zchat. The last two nights I have suddenly experienced Zmud freezing completely! I have added no triggers/alias or scripts, just same old day to day useage. Any clues, suggestions would be great, thanks.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:43 pm   

I only experienced this if I left

ie:
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5169&highlight=mirc
Quote:

PROBLEMS:
closing zmud without turning the script off will result in mIRC freezing. trying to use any of the IRC commands from zmud while mIRC is NOT open will result in zmud freezing. mIRC color codes are all striped out before it gets to zmud, i was working on a mirc color code to ANSI script for it but i lost intrest.

tips:
closing mIRC before zmud prevents freeze and also cleans up rather nicely. Always turn the script on from Zmud. If you do happen to make it freeze up just alt+ctrl+del and end task on wichever froze, too bad if you wanted to save, i told u DDE was the devil at the begining didnt i? Use the most recent versions of mIRC and Zmud. ALL of the command and identifiers from mIRC SHOULD be taken literal wich means no one can make zmud do crazy stuff by typing in the right thing in an IRC channel, however i havent tested this to its limits, i trust it tho.

Maybe you have something like that or zChat is behaving in somehow that manner?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: