Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:01 am   

trigger interference by automapper module?!

Quote:

#alarm -*35 {climb limb}

I just had the automapper interfere with this trigger. The trigger was apparently still firing on schedule, except that whatever it was outputting never made it into the datastream. Even forcing an Execute via the Settings Editor (right click) context menu produced no results. After I close the mapper, trigger output reappears on-screen. The mapper's been in follow mode for the last 38 hours without a single status change other than the movement of the blue dot. The trigger had been firing normally up through the 6pm Central hour before I took an idle break. After returning to the computer at 10pm and resuming play, the trigger continued to work normally. Sometime between then and 10:45pm, the mapper put a muzzle on it without any errors or any visible indication. Interesting, no? I do so hate long-run glitches.

Anywho, possible bug to look out for as I seem to recall a similar complaint not all that long ago.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:02 am   

A "-*" syntax is not proper for alarms. While they are not mutually exclusive states, you would be best chosing which of them you wish to use. Minus meaning every so much time while connected. Asterisk meaing every so much time. I think the problem is mainly in your use of both qualifiers.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:17 am   

hmm, so the two are mutually exclusive? Should note that in the helpfile given it's not very clearly explained (each separate use is, however). It's pretty weird that it works perfectly, though. No strange behavior outside of this simple lack of execution, no errors of any kind, and even the Syntax Checker is happy with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: