Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
easal
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:04 pm   

Multiple exit keywords?

Ok, I'm wondering if it's possible to have multple exit keywords that the mapper will pick up on. This is only a problem for when I'm mapping, but it's still irritating.
The MUD that I play normally has the word exit in the exit paragraph, but incertain areas it will not.

Quote:
You see exits leading east, and a stone road leads to the west and northwest.
This type of exit line is fine since the mapper picks up all the directions, but the room to the north west has this.
Quote:
A stone road leads to the north and southeast.
So in this case the mapper doesn't even create the new room at all for some reason. It works fine if I change the keyword to "road", but this is clunky since I have to change the keyword, leave the room after turning the mapper off, move back in, etc etc.

Nor does it work if I just put road and exit as keywords, basically is there a certain syntax I can use in the keyword box? Would some set of triggers work instead? I'm a novice at this so I'm not going to muddle my way through since I won't know if what I'm doing is just wrong or impossible. If you guys reckon it should be possible I'll give it a go myself though, I just don't want to waste time on a lost cause.
Thanks!
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:07 pm   

Both your examples contain "lead". I think that the mapper will be smart enough to not have false positives if you use that as your keyword.
easal
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:20 pm   

Crying or Very sad And I'm officially an idiot. Thanks, Vijilante
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:25 pm   

Nope, the mapper isn't smart enough to avoid the false-positives. It's pretty close to perfect, though. Maybe wildcards would work like they do for prompt preferences? That would allow you to narrow down the chances of a successful match to a point where there'd be no chance of a false-positive.
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:31 am   

Quote:
Nope, the mapper isn't smart enough to avoid the false-positives. It's pretty close to perfect, though. Maybe wildcards would work like they do for prompt preferences? That would allow you to narrow down the chances of a successful match to a point where there'd be no chance of a false-positive.

Sorry to grave rob, but I was away for a while.
The "lead" is working fine for walk mode, the only detrimental change I've noticed is that it won't walk properly in editor mode, it's not a problem though, I've most of the world mapped so I only edit when a shoproom name changes or whatever.
I didn't bother trying wildcards and the like since "lead" was working fine for me. I might try it though, someon might find it handy.
Erasmus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:07 pm   

I've had success with using a string list in the exit keyword box. For example you could try:

exits leading|road leads to the
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: