Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ulfang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:57 pm   

Questions about zMUD 7.x

So I decided to try zMUD 7.x as people suggested me. I love the speed of it, compared to old 4.62, but because I used 4.62 for so long, I am used to those little details I just can't do without, and I just can't find a way to make it work in 7.x. Here are my issues:

Movement:

3e

Do: starting commands.
[HP:230 EP:230]
The Adornas road(s, n, w and e)
The Adornas road(s, n, w and e)
The Adornas road(s, ne, n, w and e)

Movement in 4.62:

3e
Do: starting commands.
[HP:230 EP:230] The Adornas road(s, n, w and e)
[HP:230 EP:230] The Adornas road(s, n, w and e)
[HP:230 EP:230] The Adornas road(s, ne, n, w and e)

Would any of you know how to make it the same as 4.62, if possible?

Another thing if I may bother you, in 4.62, if any text is in the command line, and I press any keypad key, may it be glance, or n,s,e or w, the text automatically -highlights- and I can delete it if I want. This feature is absent in the new version, by which I mean if there is a long line in the command line, and I want to delete it, I have to either: use backspace, or use the mouse to highlight it and delete it. Do any of you know what I mean? Razz It's bloody hard to explain, but it would be enough to keep me away from new zMUD versions and go back to 4.62.

I apoligize for the storm of questions, and thank anyone who can help.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:27 am   

The first question looks to be a change in how zMud supported the telnet 'go ahead option' You can find the control for it under the Preferences section Emulation, look for something or other 'GA'.

You second question is definitely a bit harder to fathom. I seem to recall what you are talking about from the early 5.x days. I would suggest changing your macro keys from Daisy Chaining/Append to Command to Send to MUD. There are very few instances where I think I would like to have a single key stroke actually attach in any way to my commands. Those keystroke macros are my emergency 'I need it done now' buttons. If I really want something attaching to my commands I will do it through an alias or #ONINPUT trigger that is capable of guessing what I mean. Personally I think what you got used to with 4.62 was a bad option, there are better ways of doing it; but you can play with the macro modes in the Settings Editor and see if you get the results you are used to.
ulfang

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:21 am   

The first option works marvelously, I thank you profusely for your help.

As for the second option, I'm not done playing with it as you said, but if I can't work it out, I'm sure I can get used to it, I just have a hard head. Very Happy

You're my savior Vijilante, thanks a lot.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:49 am   

You can also clear the command line at any time by pressing ESC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: