Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ldeath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:42 pm   

Multiple Characters on same Mud

Hi everyone! I want to make two characters on the same mud with some buttons/triggers/aliases the same. I read zmud help/faqs/these forums. I still can't understand how to make these two characters completely separate after I get their files set up. I have copied one and renamed the file but then when I delete a trigger from one character, it is deleted from the second character. I first copied one char from the character screen and renamed it also changed the file name for the second one then in offline went to settings, hit new, import settings and bring back what I wanted from the old settings.

However, it still changes the second character.

Please spell this out in simple terms since I reallly don't see where I keep going wrong. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:51 pm   

You can set the file and directory values for different characters in Chacter Database. This is the first window that zMud opens. Simply select each one and click on the Edit buttons. Switch tabs until you find the file and directory stuff and make sure they are different for each character.
Ldeath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:18 pm   

When I do it in the first window that zMud opens it looks fine but when I go into the characters in offline mode to change a trigger or alias, it saves the current char and the second char to the same filenames.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:03 am   

You could always try "save as" and then save them seperately and individually to different respective file names. I've never had or heard of that problem before though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:36 am   

ok I didn't want to lose all my triggers and things so I kept trying to get it to work, after months of frustration and not being able to understand, I just created a new char and started from scratch. Named the primary char1.mud, then created a second char and named the primary char2.mud it seemed ok but they looked like they were trying to use the same triggers again so I created a sub folder for each then when I tried save as this time, it finally worked. It wouldn't work all the times I tried before because the settings kept reverting to the wrong files for some weird reason. I just had to delete them and start over. Would have been easier to bang my head against the wall. There should be a zmud for dummies section to get people like me going.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:27 am   

What I do is create a seperate class for each character for the triggers, aliases, etc that are unique to each character. Then make another class for the shared triggers,aliases,etc. Then I just enable the class folder for whichever character I'm playing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: