Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tye
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:15 pm   

database bug: one-off error with field of type Zone

Version: 7.13b
Platform: Win2k Pro

This one is fairly minor. I have a database for tracking equipment. The database includes a field for indicating the Zone the equipment is found in. The list of Zones is extracted from the list of zones in the automapper. What I've found is that I cannot link a new record to the most recently created zone in the automapper. That is, if I've just created Zone A in the automapper, Zone A cannot be selected in the ComboBox in the database. Zone A isn't even listed. However, as soon as I create Zone B in the automapper, Zone A now shows up and is useable. Zone B, however, must wait until Zone C is created, before Zone B will be listed and available.

Obviously, once I have created all the necessary/desired zones in the automapper, I will only need to create one more dummy zone so that all the relevant zones are available to the database. But I thought I'd bring it up since it would be nice not to need any dummy zones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: