Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Big Jonny R

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:09 pm   

Using Zmud mapper gives access violation message

when i try to map new rooms (i downloaded another player's map), it gives me a box that says:
"access violation at address 004D5364 in module 'Zmud.exe'. Read of address 0000000C"

basically, when on map mode, if i do anything (moves, talk etc) it brings up this message box, and it certainly does not map.

I know when i first started using zmud i was albe to rooms, but i gave up and just used someone else's map. now i'm trying to add to it and it won't let me.

is this a result of the map i downloaded or something wrong with zmud or maybe my computer?

i use windows xp and using the most up-to-date version
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:29 pm   

Did the person you got the map from use the latest version of zMUD to create it?

Usually this kind of problem is due to a map file with a corrupted room or link in it. Sometimes you can go into the Spreadsheet View in the mapper and scroll around to look for a room record or exit record that is really messed up (like has a completely bad X,Y value) and delete it from there.

Unfortunately, it that doesn't work, it's very hard to fix the problem. You can try using the Zone Copy utility that I just linked in the Downloads/zMUD/Plugins area of the web site.
Big Jonny R

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:40 am   

the map is old, like at least a year, but as far as i know no one else who uses has the same problem. is there anything i might have done to corrupt it?
malikai3k
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:00 am   

I get a similar error fairly often too. Doesn't happen when mapping, it happens at random while slowwalking a defined path on a map. Doesn't happen at set rooms just happens randomly say 1 in 100 rooms walked but sometimes it can happen a few errors in a row

It's been doing it for a while pretty much every 7.1x version, I haven't bothered posting about it cause if i click the ok button the message goes away and there are no adverse effects (even if i don't click the message).

I know the above is almost of no use for hunting down the bug, just wanted to let you know that it's not just one user getting the error.

oh and the addresses in the error message change too.
Big Jonny R

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:08 pm   

Ok, i deleted the map and all the map files i had created, and now the mapper works. One of the files was probably corrupted, as you guessed
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: