Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
geosmith
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:44 pm   

Problem with #trigger command

This is a little difficult to explain, but I've been trying to create a trigger which will create numerous other triggers using the #trigger command whenever it's pattern is matched.

This seemed to work fine in that all the triggers were created where I expected them, and seem word-perfect. However, for some reason I simply can't understand, these newly created triggers simply don't work. I mean if I create a trigger by hand, it works fine, but if I have the #trigger command create what appears to be exactly the same thing, it doesn't.

Even cut-and-pasting one of these triggers' patterns directly into its own test box produces a "pattern does not match" result, which obviously seems ridiculous.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. Oh, and I'm using zMUD 7.05a (the latest version). Thanks.
minish1
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:52 pm   

check that your syntax is proper: #trigger {You say hi.} {wave}

You say hi.
->wave
...{chris}...
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:07 pm   

You should try to just type in the #tr command via command bar. As said above by Minish1, #tr {WHAT WILL TRIGGER (PATTERN)} {WHAT TO BE SENT OUT FROM THE PATTERN} I found opening the Trigger window to create triggers was less newbie friendly then just typing out the script. Hope this helped some.

-Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: