Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Xhado

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:15 pm   

Making A Multiline Command Trigger

Alright, so I was fooling around with a 'hypnosis' script. Keep in mind that I am new at this. Anyways, the parts are something like this:
#ALIAS HYP {tell @hypnotarget you feel compelled to:}
#VAR HYPNOTARGET {zugg} {zugg}
(From Zugg's view}
#TRIGGER {Xhado tells you, "You feel compelled to: %1."} {%1}

Now, this script works for short things, like 'HYP JUMP', and Zugg would jump. But if I send a command that is longer than one line received on the mud, the command doesn't go through at all, as the outside quotation marks are on a different line, and the pattern needs to match inside and outside quotations. If any of you know how to match ALL characters between point A and point B, regardless of how many lines are in between, it would be greatly appreciated. This trigger also requires that the second party, in this case Zugg, have the '#TRIGGER' command on their system. It's a playful script... if you and a friend want to roleplay being hypnotised. Thanks for any help.
Maelstrom
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:17 pm   

Multiline triggers which can break anywhere are always tough to do.
The script below should be real close and can handle up to two lines. I cant test it from where I am now... the only thing I am not sure on is the ~" for escaping a double quote.

Code:
#TRIGGER {Xhado tells you, "You feel compelled to: (*)} {#IF (%ends(%1,".~"")) {%leftback(%1,2)} {#VAR holdline {%1};#TEMP {^(*)$} {%leftback(@temp%1,2)}}}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: