Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rtatum
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:39 am   

Simple spellup script

I want to make a simple script... here's what I want it to do, and I just need a bit of help

I want a variable of some sort to contain a list of spell names containing one or more words, i.e. sanctuary, fire shield, and so forth... then I want to type spellup <target> and have it cast the spells one at a time at the target using the syntax cast 'spell name' target with the quotes included, and recast on failing... the failure message is always "You lose your concentration.", but the success messages vary from spell to spell, I.E. for mirror image, You are surrounded by mirror images... What I'd like to be able to do is have these commands... spellup <target>, but if no target is specified, it defaults to self, no problem there, then I want to be able to easily add a spell name to the list, and it's success message to a list, if necessary

I was thinking I'd have a list of the spells, and a corresponding list of their success messages, somehow linked possibly? That way once the message is displayed a trigger can move it on to the next spell... and of course it goes through and casts every spell until the list has been completed...

edit: I forgot to add, each spell has a specific delay in pulses, so I'd probably need a list that corresponds to the spells to keep their delays and use #WAIT <time> before it moves along to the next spell, otherwise you get a message from the mud, the spell doesn't cast, and it'd break the loop
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: