Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
reado

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:17 pm   

Pointer Errors

On Zmud I keep getting these pointer errors normally in battle or when theres alot of Spam. When this happens I normally end up having to close zmud using ctrl alt delete as everytime I click on the error box to close it another one comes up to replace it.

They normally come up complaining about 2 main things being my cure alias which is simply

Code:

#IF (@afflictions.affliction) {lcp_cureaffliction}

For each affliction each of the alias' go into temporary triggers and eating herbs, vials etc.

The second complaint is normally from my prompt trigger which is:

Code:

#TRIGGER {(%d)h, (%d)m, (%d)e, (%d)p (*)-} {
 #IF (%pos( x, %5)) {Balance=0} {Balance=1}
 #IF (%pos( e, %5)) {equilibrium=0} {equilibrium=1}
 #IF (!@meditation and !@afflictions.paralysis and @awake and !@afflictions.stunned) {
   #IF (%pos( p, %5) and !@pronecure) {
     afflict prone
     lcp_cure
     #ALARM +2 {#var pronecure 0}
     #var pronecure 1
     } {unafflict prone}
   #IF (%pos( k, %5) and !@deffing) {lcp_ondef alertness} {lcp_defdown kafe}
   }
 health_current=%1
 mana_current=%2
 ego_current=%3
 power=%4
 lcp_siphealth
 lcp_sipmana
 lcp_sparkle
 #class diagnose 0
 lcp_absolvecheck
 } "" {nocr|prompt}

Alot of my other many alias's often come up to but these are the main complaints.
If you check them you'll see that they're fine and have no syntax errors or anything. Please help as this is really annoying.

I also maganed to get some of the errors that came up, along with the pointer errors there was some other stuff.

Quote:

Error Parsing Command
Acces violation at address 00402486 in module 'Zmud.exe'. Read of address 000000FC

#VAR exits %additem("southeast", @exits)

and

Quote:

Access Volations at address 004231d3 in module 'Zmud.exe'. Read of address 00000008

Anyway please help!!
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:26 pm   

mske sure you have the right MDAC files from microsoft that usually clears up alot of these problems

Also Zmud can only handle so many things at once so if your trigger is big and it fires alot you will have problems like these.

I mad a trigger with just 6 things to do but because it was an adaptable script it would of tax Zmud and stop working, This bug has never been fixed and probably won't for a long time since Zugg is working on Emoubious right now.
reado

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:46 am   

Ok so how do i deal with these MDAC problems. Also is there anyway I can change my triggers so that they dont fire as much?
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:49 am   

MDAC file are located at Microsoft if you have windows XP your ok.

Make the trigger more spicific and you could think about breaking it up into aliases
reado

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:19 pm   

Thanks Ill try that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: