Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:01 am   

Preventing gagged text from turning the taskbar icon green

Hi there,

Quick and hopefully easy question...

When zMud is minimised the taskbar icon shows blue when no mud output has been received. When anything new appears then it goes green to indicate there's something to look at.

Problem I'm having is that there's a wholist that gets sent every 15 seconds or so on the mud I play that I gag and use the values to populate a variable. There's also a quantity of spam sent from the mud that I gag too. This is stuff I don't care to read, but the taskbar icon still turns green, so I often check back to find nothing new on the screen.

Any way to change this so that the gagged stuff doesn't do this, or even better a switch to put into triggers so I can flag things that are unimportant but I might still want to read (but don't necessarily wanted to be alerted about)

Thanks

Guinn
misterbalrog
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:40 pm   

I have a similar problem, caused by the fact that I have several windows it will copy information into, however. If the spam is limited to only one of my windows, and I have that window "highlighted"/"selected"... it will not turn the taskbar icon green.

But I know about your problem and i asked about a solution aswell. All I got however, was that it is not a feature supported in zMUD as of yet (don't know if it will be either...) I could try and dig the thread up for ye...

Edit: Here is the link.
Lench
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:29 pm   

i have another problem with gag, it returns empty lines, any ways to make it return nothing?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:10 pm   

Lench, you have a different problem. Next time you should start your own thread, so that both you and the helpers can better remember where it was.

As for your problem, though, #GAG does not return anything. If you are seeing blank lines it's because the game sent them to you. To fix this, place a #CONDITION on your triggers along these lines:

#condition {$} {#gag}

This should pick up the extra blank line quite nicely without interfering with anything else (unless your mud is as inconsistent as most muds are).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: