Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Malakai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:06 pm   

Tick Timer Display

Hi,

Is there a way to reposition the Tick Timer Display on the Status Bar? I'd like show the number of secs left in a tick next to another item on the left so I can see at a glance, rather than way over on the right of the status bar. It's a minor question I know but i'd appreciate any help.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:08 pm   

Regrettably, no there is not. There are a few extremely round about ways to display the same information in the status bar, but the cost in processing time simply does not make them worth it. Perhaps you would like to make a feture suggestion in the bug tracking system found under the Support menu about this.
Malakai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:30 am   

Thanks for your reply vijilante.

Btw is there a function that returns the current number of seconds left in the timer? I can only see the #T? command atmo. To use that it seems like i'd need to actually make a trigger that works off the #T? message and gag it etc, which seems a bit awkward.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:09 am   

Yeah. I did say:
Quote:
exremely round about
. There are no functions to interact with the tick timer. However you can use an #ALARM with the %alarm function to preform tracking of the same amount of time. Since the status bar is updated based on a change in a variable you will have to use a second #ALARM to preform updating.

Again round about. There aren't many things that zMud can't do, but some of the tings it can do require you to go a long ways out of your way. If you want a more detailed description of how to do it with alarms simply tell me what resolution you need on the display, once per second/half second/minute/hour/anything in between.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: