Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jessew
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:34 am   

Refresh Rate Bug?

I like setting my refresh rate to 0 , where zmud draws per packet instead of per <# lines> but after changing the setting to 0, zmud fails to draw anything sometimes, or draws incorrectly. (NOTE, even after changing to real high like every 41 lines it does this, only seems to not do it at default 5) There's no consistency to when it does this lets say I 'look around' on my mud its supposed to show the full room description it just doesnt draw the packet sometimes, so i spam l around , and eventually it draws it, now its getting the packet because when it fails to draw if i move the scroll bar up and down real quick it fixes itself. Ok now when I say zmud draws incorrectly sometimes it will only draw a certain width of the screen leaving old stuff on the rightside stationary while the left side scrolls normally, again this fixes itself if I go through the scrollback real quick.

If this is rehash of a reported bug I apologize in advance but looked and couldn't find anything.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using version 7.05 on windows xp sp2 , but it does this on my windows ME box as well
Thanks, Jesse
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:04 pm   

There have been reported problems with chainging the refresh rate in many versions. Zugg created a custom scrolling and refresh routine and at this point it so buried in zMud's code that unlesss th error very easily reproduceable it makes no sense to change it. If you can provide a clear method to reproduce the problem then please use the bug tracking system to do so.
jessew
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:08 am   

It is reproducable , and I did state a clear method to repoduce it, i.e, change the refresh rate from the default 5, maybe I did leave out the fact that this is not some infrequent occurence that happens on one mud in particular. It happens quite often on all three muds I play. So I gathered that either this is not a commonly used option in zmud and is why I found no topics about it or the problem was on my end. Hoping to get help with the latter. But not using it is a fix in itself I guess.

Cheers, Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: