Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
xaosvilin
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:38 am   

Combat bot: Balance recovery mud. non auto combat.

Hello all, i was looking for help or perhaps redesign of this bot since it keeps breaking. Sometimes even when i hit step it wont resume walking, I've heard of using alarms to #step and then suspending them when a condition is true, but not sure how to work this into my model.

Any help would be great, even a redesign if you know how to make it work better. A quick note. this mud uses a balance system, its not auto kill so a simple kill creature wont work. The biggest problem is that for some strange reason it wont actually pause. It pauses when its supposed to find a creature, but then it spits out the next direction for no apparent reason. i've set the step delay to 600 and to step once on the slow walk config in the map config.. use any of this code at your own risk!

// Path it runs around to find the critters

#PATH umus {whnwsl2wjnwskhwnwj2ljw2hwsw2njeklnjw2henwnwhseslwslnes2ekselesw2hel3eln2wsesle}

// Triggers to find it. Turns on the kill trigger below, and turns off find and initiates combat.

#TRIGGER "find" {horned umu} {#T+ kill;#T- find;intone wither umu}

// Kill trigger to keep casting the spell once i've regained mental balance.

#TRIGGER "kill" {You have regained your mental balance.} {intone wither umu}

// Once im victorious, turns off kill, turns on rest and loot

#TRIGGER {You are victorious.} {#T- kill;#T+ rest;#t+ loot}

// loots the corpse, starts pray to regain mana, turns off loot.

#TRIGGER "loot" {You have regained your mental balance.} {loot corpse;pray;#t- loot} "" {disable}

// Message when done praying, rest triggers off of this.

#TRIGGER {You have attained the maximum essence that prayers will allow. You cease your efforts.} {rest}

// Starts rest

#TRIGGER {You can gain no benefit from prayer} {rest}

// Turns off rest, turns on find, casts a spell to buff me, waits 8 seconds, looks for more enemies in room, then steps to resume walk.. i think the problems here, doesnt always resume the walk

#TRIGGER "rest" {You stand up, completely rested and healed.} {#t- rest;#t+ find;cast empower;#wait 8000;"l";#step}

// Trigger to restart everything all over again once i've completed the path.

#TRIGGER "autohunt" {Veredelk Hunters' Lodge} {#echo Starting;#T- kill;#T+ find;status;#wait 1000;cast levitate;#wait 6000;cast blur;yawn;#echo 4 min remaining;#wait 60000;#echo 3 min remaining;ponder;#wait 60000;#echo 2 min remaining;intone firering fzoul;#wait 60000;#echo 1 min remaining;cast empower;#wait 7000;#T+ find;#slow umus} "" {disable}

// failsafe trigger. sometimes the crittes will walk out on me and this is the message i'll get, basically pauses the autowalk and starts the pray deal.

#TRIGGER {Who did you want to intone a spell at?} {#pause;#wait 2000;pray;#t+ rest;#t+ find}

Thats it, lemme know if you see any problems or have suggestiongs Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:21 am   

Using #WAIT is discouraged. See Timers, Alarms, and the WAIT Command for an explanation. I tried replacing your #WAIT commands with #ALARM commands. For the middle set of commands, since all of the #ALARMs are created together (basically), I added your individual times together at each step to create the delay.

#TR "rest" {You stand up, completely rested and healed.} {
#T- rest
#T+ find
cast empower
#ALARM +8 {l;#STEP}}

#TR "autohunt" {Veredelk Hunters' Lodge} {
#ECHO Starting
#T- kill
#T+ find
status
#ALARM +1 {cast levitate}
#ALARM +7 {cast blur;yawn;#ECHO 4 min remaining}
#ALARM +1:07 {#ECHO 3 min remaining;ponder}
#ALARM +2:07 {#ECHO 2 min remaining;intone firering fzoul}
#ALARM +3:07 {#ECHO 1 min remaining;cast empower}
#ALARM +3:14 {#T+ find;#SLOW umus} "" {disable}

#TR {Who did you want to intone a spell at?} {
#PAU
#ALARM +2 {pray;#T+ rest;#T+ find}}

The mapper looks for a reference to tell itself it correctly took a step. I think that interferes with a #SLOW walk since the mapper tells itself #OK (or something) which in turn tells the #PATH #OK too! Hence, the extra steps. #PATHs only work for me when I have the mapper closed. I too need to reconfigure my mapper. This is the link for Understanding Speedwalking in Detail. Good stuff!
xaosvilin
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:01 am   reply

yeah, i was watching it today and realized what was happening. It echos that its pausing but then spits out the next direction adn for some strange reason thinks it has stepped.
But the text for the #ok arent showing, and im not sure why it thinks it has stepped.

Thanks for the info on alarms though, i'll try to figure this out and post my results.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:46 am   Log of error

-h:136 e:156 s:90- l
Urdul Fields
Gleaming sunlight shines from a cloudless sky. Cool air sweeps across the vacant plain, the brush dotted only in small patches by short green grasses. Scattered markings mar the ground here, indicating the traffic through this area has been light. You sense that Fzoul left this area to the east.
There are exits east, south and west.
-h:136 e:156 s:90- s
You glide to the south.
Urdul Fields
Gleaming sunlight shines from a cloudless sky. Cool air sweeps across the vacant plain, the brush dotted only in small patches by short green grasses. The dusty ground is scuffed by many sets of tracks running across this area. You sense that Fzoul left this area to the west. Lying on the ground here is a fresh cut of uman and a fresh cut of uman.
A horned umu is here.
Slow walking paused <---------- pauses it...
intone wither umu
There are exits north, east, south, southwest and west.
-h:136 e:156 s:89- You intone the spell of wither chanting the name of a horned umu.
-h:136 e:151 s:89-
A horned umu hits you in your right leg.
Your health is 118 out of 136.
-h:118 e:151 s:89-
A horned umu pales as it is hit with a bolt of dark energy.
-h:123 e:151 s:89- w <--- still spits out next direction even thoug no #OK trigger is above it and it should be paused
You must wait until you have both mental and physical balance.
-h:123 e:151 s:89-
A horned umu hits you in your left leg.
Your health is 105 out of 136.
-h:105 e:151 s:89-
You have regained your mental balance.
intone wither umu
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: