Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Jim Wolf
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:27 am   

Disappearing zones

I'm using zMUD 7.05, but this problem has happened in the past few versions I've used, as well.
The trouble is, I'll map a room or group of rooms and move them to a new zone, and when I move back to the original zone, it looks blank. The rooms don't show up, but as I move, the status line on the mapper reflects the changes, showing street and shop names.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this or work around it?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:45 am   

Try using the menu command Zone|Refresh. If that doesn't do it then I would suggest closing and reopening the map.
Jim Wolf
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:36 pm   

I've tried both. I've even closed and restarted zMUD, and tried rebooting Windows 2000. Only thing that's worked is loading my backup copy of the map.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:41 pm   

At this point I would have to call it a bug. I would suggest contacting Zugg at support@zuggsoft.com and asking about sending a corrupted map. Be sure to reference this topic; and explain the problem and how you created it, as best as possible.

You might also want to send him an uncorrupted version of the map. That provides a proper test bed for this particular bug.

Keep in mind that Zugg is not currently working on zMud, so his response may be somewhat slower then usual. You might also want to post something to the bug tracking system to further draw attention to this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: