Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
RapidRunner
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:08 pm   

Zmud triggers with ( #) in the trigger set...

heh, i've been wondering.. i know this works fine in mushclient, but i hate how mushclient works since its hard to work with the capturing of windows in it, i like zmud for many reasons, but.. i had to use mushclient just cause zmud seems to hate to trigger on ( #) i don't know if its my settings somewhere, or something... but i tried a lot of everything, never figured out how to get it to work...

Could maybe someone help me out?? I am not sure if this is a BUG or not, so i don't think i'll report it up YET...

PEace, thanks for your time...
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:28 pm   

~#
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:10 am   

You'll have to exscuse me if this seems like Im angry or something but Im in too much pain to word it nicely :P

HELPFILES specifily Pattern mattching Explains the use of ~ to quote special chars. The helpfiles are there for a reason. If I am having a problem with something in Zmud I follow something along this line.
1. READ the helpfiles
At this point 80% of the common questions are answered
2. Search the Forums
At this point 90% of the common questions are answered
3. Post to the forum
4. Reread the help files and fiddle with the problem well I wait for an answer
At this point it helps to know WHAT people are talking about when they post their answer so if it uses a command I don't know then I LOOK that command up in the helpfiles ETC
5. If I can't figure it out then chances are its either a bug or an Idea request etc etc

The Help files are Plentiful and there for a reason.
Vorax
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:54 am   

People like nexela just get annoyed at people posting questions that are answered in the help files. And yes, your question is answered in the help file. Look for special characters. If you're wanting to trigger on ( #) then you'll need this pattern: ~( ~#~), if it's just the pound symbol then a simple ~# will suffice.

The help file isn't exactly the easiest place to find information, but using the "Find" tab helps.
RapidRunner
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:21 am   

Well, dude.. i didn't find it in the helpfiles, i did use the find tab.. i couldn't find anything on it, thats why i focused over to the forums here, sorry if i offended anyone, just.. Not everything is simple to find in the helpfiles, even with searching.. its been known...

Probably why people tend to come here for help instead.. it happens a lot for clients, even happens with mush :P

Except... mushclient sucks compared to Zmud :P
RapidRunner
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:26 am   

Well, i was looking for more like... something like this..

( 2) A Gnome Scientists Head.

Thats the main trigger line i need, but i cant' figure out how to get it to work.. i'm having trouble finding helpfiles on this :(
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:24 am   

Ah, a number not a # symbol. %d and %n are the two numeric wildcards, you can find the full list in the Help topic Pattern Matching. %d is the best choice here since you should always have an unsigned number. The parentheses around %d are only needed if you want to use the number in your trigger value (its commands).
The pattern would be:
~( (%d)~)

One potential problem is that if there are 10 or more items, there might not be a space before the number. If that happens, it's probably easier to just make a second trigger than to modify the pattern.
The nospace pattern would be:
~((%d)~)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: