Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Drakus
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:36 pm   

Multiple Timers

Hi,
I would like to setup an alias to setup different timers. I have a timer when a skill can be used again, that just shuts the timer off, and another skill when used sets off a timer, but they use the same code. My problem is one does over ride the other if i use both skills only the last skill used timer is set.

Is there a way to setup an alias to setup additional timers, and if so, also another timer.

When I go afk, i want to change the timeout command. Is there a way to setup an alias to alter the timeout command.

#alias akfon {#ts 1000;timeoutcommandchanges}

save;look;score is what I want the timeoutcommand to be..

I have tried to figure out how to chagne the timeout command with an alias, but i haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks for your help,

Drakus
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:10 am   

There is only one tick timer. This timer was created to syncronize the timing of the zMUD client with the mud's internal round/turn/tick times on muds that use a forced time structure. Since it is likely that you can cast spells or use skills at anytime during a round, the tick timer is probably not the best choice for your implementation. #ALARM would be a better choice.

#ALIAS afkon {#ALARM afkstatus +1000 {save;look;score}}

#ALIAS firstskill (~firstskill;#ALARM firstskillstatus +@firstskillduration {#SHOW "You may use firstskill again!}}

#ALIAS secondskill {~secondskill:#ALARM secondskillstatus +@secondskillduration {#SHOW "You may use secondskill again!}}

To change what occurs when the alarms go off, use another alias as the alarm command.

#ALIAS firstskill (~firstskill;#ALARM firstskillstatus +@firstskillduration {@firsteffects}}

#ALIAS firsteffects {#SHOW "You may use firstskill again!";"-%1"}}

Untested, but should give an idea as to how this is done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: