Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Williams091479

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:33 am   

Problem Connecting to DR Fallen

Hi. Just recently DL'd the program, and gave it a try. Installed fine, runs well, till I try and connect. It looks like it connects OK till it comes to the screen where it asks me to select my character. The list comes up blank, but with an empty box highlighted. I click Play and it comes up with...

Lookup Error
Cannot lookup IP address for host name
L PROBLEM 1

Then there's some stuff about DNS server for that host.. At the bottom there's a place for me to retype the host name, or input the IP address.. Tried both the name, and the address. With host name I get nothing. With IP address, the screen goes away, and I'm at, what I assume is, the programs normal screen, except it doesn't respond to any commands, like I'm not connected to anything.. I've tried connecting through the Simu wizzard, and everything works fine.

I'm using Win 98, have a 450mhz proccessor, 196MB RAM, ethernet card, connecting to a DSL account through a router.. Umm.. Hopefully that's enough to help me out. It seems like a neat program, and I'd like to give it a try. Thanks.
Williams091479

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:01 pm   

Ok, cancel the request for help... Didn't notice that there was some goof up with my order, and I'd only been signed up for regular DR's.. ::Grumbles, and tries to look like he's more annoyed at Simutronics, than horribly embarassed::
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: