Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jtrent
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:58 pm   

capturing to a variable

I am having a slight problem capturing to a variable. I have looked through a bit of the old posts, and didn't see what I need help with, maybe I overlooked, but anyways, if someone would be willing to help me with the following.

#TR {You have (%d)/(%d) hp, (%d)/(%d) ma, (%d)/(%d) mv, (%d)/(%d) st, (*)|}
{#VAR chp %1;#VAR php %2;#VAR cma %3;#VAR pma %4;#VAR cmv %5;#VAR pmv %6;#VAR cst %7;#VAR pst %8;#VAR croom %9;#wait 500;#gag}

Its a trigger of my prompt. I use it for the cppi plugin on the website. But anyways. I am able to capture %1-%8 just fine. %9 I am having trouble with. It's the room name, it usually shows up on my prompt in about 2-5 words. st, is the last set word before the room name, and I used a | for the first set word after the room name.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Selorien

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:18 pm   

If your mud output outputs the information in two seperate lines, then I would suggest making two seperate triggers, one for each line. If you post an example of your mud output, then I could show you the trigger that I have that does almost the same exact thing for WoTMUD.
jtrent
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:37 pm   

You have 1671/1671 hp, 666/666 ma, 931/931 mv, 1555/1555 st, The Altar| [Healthy]

It's on one line. I can make my prompt any way I decide. Currently I have it set like the above, with #gag on the trigger so that all i see is the results in the status window.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:41 pm   

Looking at the help for #VAr we see that it takes 4 arguments. Bold arguments are optional.
#VAR variableName value defaultValue class
Because replacement of %nn values occurs before processing of the script begins your 2-5 word room name is intepretted as multiple arguments. To stop this from happening use braces or quotes.
#VAR croom {%9}
or
#VAR croom "%9"

This is true of all scripts. As a general rule try with the proper enclosure first, then remove them if there is a problem.
jtrent
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:46 pm   

Well that did the trick. I appreciate your help.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:39 am   

Although it's not the problem, #WAIT is discouraged in triggers. See the Support Library for details. Since this trigger only changes variables and gags the line, it really doesn't need a delay and you should just remove the #WAIT.

However, if you still want a delay it can easily be provided by using #COND with no pattern and no value, and a Wait type with a parameter of 500.
#COND {} {} {Wait|Param=500}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: