Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Daris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:00 am   

Zmud refuses to start.... still!

Wow... after Zmud refused to start I had to uninstall, reboot, reinstall and it worked. Then I made the "mistake" of closing zMud again and... it wont open. Goes through the startup screen with the castle in the background and thats it.

I did try that nice little LicCtrl idea however, mine was already Automatic (not to mention I was rather dissapointed at the idea that I would have somehow unknowningly deactivated it).

The fix? Uninstall... reboot... reinstall. That's not really an appropriate fix however when I use zMud daily.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:04 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by Daris

Wow... after Zmud refused to start I had to uninstall, reboot, reinstall and it worked. Then I made the "mistake" of closing zMud again and... it wont open. Goes through the startup screen with the castle in the background and thats it.

I did try that nice little LicCtrl idea however, mine was already Automatic (not to mention I was rather dissapointed at the idea that I would have somehow unknowningly deactivated it).

The fix? Uninstall... reboot... reinstall. That's not really an appropriate fix however when I use zMud daily.

It sounds like a database issue. Please take a look at http://www.zuggsoft.com/data
Daris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:53 pm   

Well... I downloaded both MDAC and JET and, well, no dice...

Anyone have any ideas? Seems odd that this would only happen to me.
Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:54 pm   

Where are all the details. If this is related to anouther post, you should provide a link to that other post.

Are you running anything else at the same time?
Have you checked your video drivers and settings, try turning video acceleration all the way down temporarily? Do you have the latest video drivers. Try changing your resolution?

What type of system are you running this on. Version of windows, version of zmud?

Did you try disabling your firewall and virusscan temporarily to see if they are causing the issue?

There are a LOT of possibilities you could try, but you need to provide more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: