Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mr. Kristopher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:57 pm   

Slow walk not waiting for #OK

I want to move from room to room in my mud and stop and kill the things I find along the way. My mud is a bit laggy sometimes and #SLOW doesn't seem to want to wait, it just spits out the next direction every three seconds regardless if my mud sends me text or not.

I've tried setting up the string "obvious exit" to send back an #OK (and even using #ALARM), but my #SLOW doesn't seem to even wait for an #OK, it just chugs along regardless.

Thoughts?

----
Kristopher
Pega
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:26 am   

Looking at "Preferences|Slow walking" might shed light on the problem.
By the way which version of zMUD are you using?
Mr. Kristopher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:33 am   

I'm using zMud 7.04. Under "Preferences|Slow walking", "Timeout aborts walk" is unchecked, "Timeout value" is at 1000, and "Strings to determine sucessful slow walk" has "obvious exit".

Now, regardless of "Timeout aborts walk" being checked or unchecked, it's my understanding that I'm not supposed to take another step if the #OK isn't triggered by the string I specified. Am I wrong?

----
Kristopher
Pega
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:10 am   

Which probably means:

1. When a timeout occurs, speedwalk continues regardless of #OK, unless a #pause or #stop was executed.

If you want it to pause indefinately, use a trigger or manually execute a #stop or #pause when you run out of moves or want to stop. Instead of just eliminating the #OK signal.

2. An #OK is executed your script sees "obvious exit"

Wink I am rusty with slow-walking, hope this helps.
Mr. Kristopher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:04 am   

I got it to work!

If you leave "Timeout aborts walk" unchecked, then you will get an #OK after the "Timeout value" runs out OR when the "Strings to determine sucessful slow walk" value is met.

Now, my other problem was what I did AFTER I killed the mob. I had a trigger that used #STEP <pathname> instead of just #STEP. That seemed to make me speedwalk the path instead of slow walk it. *boggle* Strange. But now everything is fine! Yay.

----
Kristopher
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: