Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rugbystyle
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:17 pm   

Automapper delay

I'm a semi-novice to the mapper. I can make maps and everything but I never tried anything other than just making the map. Anyway...

In the mud there are some rooms where you cannot move too fast through them. You have to wait say 4 seconds before moving to the next room. I figured that it has something to do with the "script parameters" in the 'room properties' menu. But I can't get that to work for me (probably cause I do not know what I'm really doing.)

All I want is a #WA 4000 before it tries stepping to the next room when I'm speedwalking with the map.

One other problem I've been having is changing the color of a room. I go to the room properties menu and select a new room color. There is no confirm or apply button, so when I close the menu, or select a new room. It loses the change - when I go back to that same room's room properties it's back to the default color.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Rugbystyle
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:49 pm   

Well I found part of my problem for the delay of speed walking.

When the room script doesn't run until the #OK command is sent. But that's when the next step of the path is sent as well. So durring a speedwalk it will send the next direction before the script says to pause in that room - causing it to pause in the next room. I guess I could put the pause script in the surrounding rooms, but that's not very appealing to me. Hoping someone has a better way...

Still haven't got any clue on the color portion
Kronas
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:45 pm   

Hi,try this comman , It works great for me.

#ALIAS onroomenter {#PAUSE;#ALARM {+3} {#STEP}}.
Rugbystyle
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:52 am   

That Alias made it pause in every room that it was walking through.

What my problem is, is I don't need to pause in every room. Just specific rooms. Some of the rooms have 'ice' in them where if you try and run through them you fall, so I need a 4 second pause in those particular rooms. I can't figure it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: