Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
filthyreg
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:29 pm   

Alias help (Emote command)

Hey, okay here's my question. I'm trying to write an alias to chat only to one person. I want to try and set it up so that I type something like. cp <name> <message> Any ideas? here's what I got so far ( I want to use the existing format from my emoteall alias.):

#ALIAS cp {#EMOTE <name> {says to you, '@ansi(bBlue)~[@ansi(bYellow)DOJO@ansi(bBlue)~] @ansi(bGrey)<Message> @ansi(bBlue)~[@ansi(bYellow)@hppro@ansi(bBlue)/@ansi(bYellow)@mppro@ansi(bBlue)~]@ansi()'.}}

Okay, that's what I got so far... I'm pretty sure I'm close... I've tried a few things just never worked. Anyways anyhelp you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
filthyreg
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:27 pm   

Ok, was thinking about this a little today and I'm wondering if this would work?

#ALIAS {cp &cpname &cpmessage} {#EMOTE @cpname {says to you, '@ansi(bBlue)~[@ansi(bYellow)DOJO@ansi(bBlue)~] @ansi(bGrey)@cpmessage @ansi(bBlue)~[@ansi(bYellow)@hppro@ansi(bBlue)/@ansi(bYellow)@mppro@ansi(bBlue)~]@ansi()'.}}

Unfortunately, i'm at work and am unable to see if it will work. The only problem I see is differentiating between &cpname and &cpmessage.... hrrrrrm. Any thoughts?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:39 pm   

Aliases aren't triggers. They don't use multi-word patterns. They automically take anything typed after the alias name as numbered parameters. This is probably explained better in the zMUD helpfiles for #ALIAS.

It appears you are using a plugin with additional commands, probably zChat. Assuming everything else in your script works, and that the first word after cp is the name and everything after that is the message:
#ALIAS cp {#EMOTE %1 {says to you, '@ansi(bBlue)~[@ansi(bYellow)DOJO@ansi(bBlue)~] @ansi(bGrey)%-2 @ansi(bBlue)~[@ansi(bYellow)@hppro@ansi(bBlue)/@ansi(bYellow)@mppro@ansi(bBlue)~]@ansi()'.}}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: