Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sjleonard
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:21 pm   

Changing Room Names

Is there a way to set a room name in the format
{name1|name2|name3} ?

Some areas of my mud have room names that change randomly, or depending on the direction you come from, I'm not sure.

Basically it can be Lothlorien, a guard flet, forest path etc...

Any ideas?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:34 pm   

No, can't be done. And if anything at all was to be done, you'd have to be sure if it depends on the direction you come from or if it is completely random or what.

My guess is that you are talking about random exit rooms. These exits of these rooms are randomly changed each time the area resets. So that if room A exits north to room B and south to room C, in the next area reset, room A may exit north to room C and south to room B.
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:26 pm   

As said above it can't technically be done, but you can fool the mapper into following you about Lothlorien (it's either A Guart Flet or Lothlorien - the forest path rooms don't actually change, they lead somewhere else off the grid).

What I did was mapped the area once, then went back into all the Lothlorien/Guard Flet rooms and checked the Force Entry into Room box in the Room Properties -> Other Tab. The mapper will follow you if you're using an alias or manually walking about, it doesn't do a great job if you are 'double click speedwalking' through lothlorien though. But it puts you close enough. :) It's not ideal I admit, but it works for me. (You need to do it with one room in Dale too IIRC) ;)

Hope that helps.

-G-
sjleonard
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:13 pm   

That works just great, thanks mate. Remind me to buy you a beer in game ;)

Also, this one goes out as a suggestion to the makers, Zugg and all.

Mapper, the Favourites on the side. I've quickly running out of room. Any chance you guys to make it an explorer style collapsable list. So I could have all my locations for one area open and the others closed. Its rare that I need to go from one side of the world to the other, and even if I had to, finding the other link would take me longer than a sorted collapsing list.

Also, any way to make the traveling a bit easier? Right-clicking and selecting 'speedwalk to' is a bit slow. Maybe have a little icon at the start of each item that's a travel button? or something?

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: