Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Tygerhart
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:51 pm   

Zmud Screwed up on me?

Hi folks,

I just recently downloaded and installed the latest ver of Zmud. It ran for a little bit and then crashed. Tried to start it up again after a reboot and got this message:

Sorry, could not get a license at this time.
Please try running the program later.

So I rolled back the version and got the same message. Then I unstalled the whole thing and deleted the Zmud directory and reinstalled the older version. Still getting:

Sorry, could not get a license at this time.
Please try running the program later.

I did a search for a similar problem in the archives and got this....

<quote>
1. Open your Control Panel.
2. Open Administrative Tools.
3. Open Services.

<snip>

Once you have opened the Services Management Console, scroll down until you have found the LicCtrl service. Right-click on LicCtrl and select properties. Under Startup Type, select Automatic from the pulldown menu. You will now need to click the Start button directly under the Service Status.
<unquote>

Well I don't have Administrative Tools in my Control panel, but Elicense Control is there. Right clicking on it doesn't offer me the option to select properties.

I'm running on Windows 98

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Tygerhart
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:59 pm   

Windows 98 does't have Services. That's only on Win2000 and WinXP. If you are getting an error 23, that means the eLicense system is corrupted on your computer. You need to email eLicense directly at support@elicense.com and ask them for their diagnostic routine to determine why it's not running on your system.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:00 pm   

You have a different problem.

quote:
I am getting a "Code 23" error
This problem occurred in older versions of AC Explorer. You need to first contact eLicense at support@elicense.com and ask them to send you their diagnostic program to fix a code 23 error. Then, run the program they sent you to clear the error. Then upgrade to the latest version of AC Explorer to prevent this from happening again.

From the eLicense FAQ in the Support Library (see the Support link above). It applies equally to zMUD.

You might check the FAQ on the eLicense site for more information on error 23. It has nothing to do with your connection to the Internet, so the firewall doesn't matter. However, which user you have logged on to your computer might.
Tygerhart
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:56 pm   

Thanks for the info. Elicense sent me a diagnostic program that fixed it right up.

Thanks for you time. :)

Tygerhart
Vanyel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:21 am   

Well I have ben having a similar problem. I went ahead and checked the LicCtrl and hoped that would fix my problem to no avail. Everytime I try to open the new version, I get Zmud has encountered a problem and needs to close. Then the option to send or dont send an error report to microsoft. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times. I am using win xp with 256mb sdram. Please help!
Nyvaana
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:38 am   

Worked for me:

Install zmud again (over last copy), select to backup.

It still wont start, uninstall and select rollback.

Try running.
Vanyel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:28 am   

Didn't work. I am at a loss.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:46 pm   

You don't have a similar problem. The problem in this topic is the eLicense "error 23" error. Your problem is the Microsoft "(program) encountered a problem and needs to close" error. The error messages aren't even from the same company, I don't know why you'd think they had anything to do with each other.

Unfortunately, the Windows error message isn't specific enough by itself to give you much useful advice. Since you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I'd suggest checking your drivers for updates. You might also try doing a clean install of zMUD. That means making a backup in a separate directory, then deleting everything in the zMUD directory including the directory itself. I don't expect that any of this will help, but it's the best I can do with such a general problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: