Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
itsacat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:23 pm   

Buttons

Hi, I have a question about buttons in other windows. I am trying out a kind of "combat console" type thing using additional windows in zmud where I can have information about the state of things or common commands assigned to buttons. e.g. a "who here" window that will either automatically check whos in a room (depending on the state of a toggle button) or just a button I click to update the list and put the names into that window.

I have the output from the mud redirected fine so when i type "who here" it updates the list in that window. But I can't work out how I can click the button i've created in that second window and send the command to the mud.

Thanks
Tacasti
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:51 pm   

Check out 'multiplaying' under getting startedscripting in the help files.

basically entering

:combat_console:#BU test {Test Button} {Main_Window_Name:look}

on the command line should create a button in the child window provided it is called combat_console.

When the button is pressed, it will send look to the mud, as long as the colon is your special character, focus character.

Use the colon ':' or whatever focus character you use to direct commands to other windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: