Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Maclir

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:31 am   

zMud Locking System Up

OK, latest zmud version, windows 98 2nd edition. All of a sudden, I am finding zmud crashing my system. Sometimes when I switch back to zmud from some other open applciation, or sign off one character, and go to select another character. Everythig freezes, cant even CTRL-ALT-DEL.

The row of menu buttons (New / Edit / Connect / etc) are not shown, nor any characters in the lsit of characters.

Any suggestions?
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:38 am   

I'm not sure about Zmud, but I would make sure you've got the latest windows patches from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com plus the latest network card drivers / modem drivers for your computer. Typically it's not Zmud's fault, but the resault of a faulty driver or bug in the operating system.

Having said that, I haven't used Windows 98SE for about 4 years so I can't tell you for certain "it runs fine on my windows 98" but yeah :)
Maclir

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:05 am   

All the latest patches applied. Drivers all up to date. What is strange, it was workign perfectly until the other day. Is there some likelihood of some corrption in the character db file - what is the easiest way to rebuild that?
patton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:12 am   

quote:
Originally posted by Maclir

All the latest patches applied. Drivers all up to date. What is strange, it was workign perfectly until the other day. Is there some likelihood of some corrption in the character db file - what is the easiest way to rebuild that?

You can export your aliases/etc to a text file, while it then reimport them. Least that would be my first line of thinking to rebuild.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: