Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
DMUS
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:01 am   

Alarms created in the wrong Class

I searched the forums and found info about VARs being created in the wrong class, but I have an alarm doing it.

I have this alarm not in any class:

#TR {exit|exits} {#ALA +0.5 {#OK}}

However, the ALA is being created in one of my classes. I didn't realize this because it was working fine...until I disabled that class.

I use the ALA to prevent spamming directions while speedwalking via the mapper. Imperian doesn't like spam. But, I hadn't used speedwalk in a while, so I didn't notice any problems.

I later accessed that class via the Editor to drag out some TRs and too my surprise there were over 200 copies of this ALA waiting to fire! Very Happy

So, why was the ALA being created in that class? Is it the same reasoning as the VAR problem?

NOTE: The original TR was created via the Editor. I deleted it and recreated it via the command line. The ALA is no longer created in that class.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:23 pm   

Sounds like you found the solution.

Temporary alarms are automatically assigned an ID unless you specify one. This is to allow different triggers to make one-time alarms with the same pattern (+1 for instance) but different start-times and actions. It has the side-effect that you can accumulate large numbers of these alarms if they aren't allowed to finish processing and delete themselves. I don't know why yours were being made in that class, it's probably something in the code for the #CLASS default-class option.

You should note that the shortest time allowed in version 6.62 is .501
Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:31 pm   

You can always specify what class you want to alarm to go into.

#TR {exit|exits} {#ALA +0.5 {#OK} classname}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: