Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
AstroPhoenix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:40 am   

DDE/COM

Hi everyone, need some coding help!

To cut a long story short, I want to make a trigger to activate and external program im making in VB. I included an example of what i thought i'd use, which doesn't work, so if anyone could come up with the correct code to do this, it'd be much appreciated :)

#trigger {Your quest is to kill mob_name}
{%ddepoke(astrotimer,astrotimer,mob,mob_name)}

(assuming that topic is "astrotimer". The executeable is astrotimer.exe and the field in the form is called "mob")

I need the trigger to tell the program to start, and what the mob name is. Basically what i envisaged was that zmud would change the contents on a text box, then set the text box to start the program on_change()...

Thanks guys.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:51 pm   

I don't use DDE so this is just speculation. I wouldn't be answering at all if you hadn't already gone over a day without a response.

I don't think DDE actually opens the program. Try starting astrotimer manually.
Check the documentation of astrotimer. Even though you named the field "mob", that's probably not its DDE item name.

This topic is probably more appropriate on the Developer's forum and you'd probably have a better chance of getting a correct answer if you posted there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: