Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:23 am   

countdown timer

i am trying to make a button that is a countdown display

I use a button to trigger a spell effect, so i can add the amount of time i want to set the variable to to that button, but I am unsure how to manipulate it so that it becomes a count down timer.

can someone point me in the right direction

Naz
Brujah
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:18 am   

not sure if thats even possible but if you provide more info im sure we can help you in some fashion.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:31 pm   

Include the variable in the button caption. After setting the variable to the desired number, use an alarm to decrease it.
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:11 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb

Include the variable in the button caption. After setting the variable to the desired number, use an alarm to decrease it.

setting the variable and button caption i understand, but using the alarm to decrease it i am having trouble with

#CLASS {General|signscounter}
#ALIAS shieldscounter {#If (@shieldscounter >0) {#ALARM +1 {#add @shieldscounter (-1)}}}
#BUTTON 284 {@shieldscounter} {} {} {} {} {} {} {Size} {60} {17} {Pos} {3} {1138} {} {} {} {} "" {} {} {}
#CLASS 0

and use button to set @shieldcounter value when i use sign

#BUTTON 28 {Signs} {signs;#WIN Spelltracker {SHIELDS %time( t).};@shieldscounter = 200} {} {} {} {} {} {Size} {60} {17} {Pos} {0} {527} {124} {} {} {} "" {} {} {} {2}
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:42 pm   

Don't use a one-time alarm. You want a repeating action. Use a repeating alarm. That's what I meant in my original suggestion.
#ALA *1 {#IF (@shieldscounter > 0) {#ADD shieldscounter -1} {#VAR shieldscounter 0}}
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:42 pm   

quote:

Don't use a one-time alarm. You want a repeating action. Use a repeating alarm. That's what I meant in my original suggestion.
#ALA *1 {#IF (@shieldscounter > 0) {#ADD shieldscounter -1} {#VAR shieldscounter 0}}

thats lightbulb that works a great.

I have a similar alarm that i use for my travel scripts

#ALARM {*1} {#IF (%numitems( @movement) AND (@rt = 0)) {
%item( @movement, 1)
#DELN movement 1
}}

but it wont run at the same time as the count down timer, is there anyway that it can be made to?

Naz
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:11 pm   

Give them IDs or combine them.
Anabasis
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:39 pm   

You can also get the same effect with a conditional trigger that won't interfere with your existing alarm.

#TRIGGER (@shieldscounter>0) {} "" {notrig}
#COND {} {#ADD shieldscounter -1} {wait|param=1000}

Ana
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:33 pm   

quote:

Give them IDs or combine them.

i tried giving them both IDs using the ID in the options tab.
but it doesnt seem to fix the problem of not being able to run both.
I want to keep them as seperate scripts as i turn of the folder the travel alarm is in to control the script.
I carnt find any additional info in the help files to see what else i should be doing

Naz

#ALARM "colcounter" {*1} {#IF (@shieldscounter > 0) {#ADD shieldscounter -1} {#VAR shieldscounter 0}}

#ALARM "thetravelscript" {*1} {#IF (%numitems( @movement) AND (@rt = 0)) {%item( @movement, 1);#DELN movement 1}}
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:33 pm   

quote:

#ALARM "colcounter" {*1} {#IF (@shieldscounter > 0) {#ADD shieldscounter -1} {#VAR shieldscounter 0}}

#ALARM "thetravelscript" {*1} {#IF (%numitems( @movement) AND (@rt = 0)) {%item( @movement, 1);#DELN movement 1}}

Since these alarms are both firing every second, why not just make one alarm that calls aliases?

#ALARM OneSecondCounter {*1} {#IF (%class(travelclass)) {Dothetravelscript};#IF (%class(colcounterclass)) {Dothegaugescript}}

#CLASS travelclass
#ALIAS Dothetravelscript {#IF (%numitems( @movement) AND (@rt = 0)) {%item( @movement, 1);#DELN movement 1}}
#CLASS 0

#CLASS colcounterclass
#ALIAS Dothegaugescript {#IF (@shieldscounter > 0) {#ADD shieldscounter -1} {#VAR shieldscounter 0}}
#CLASS 0
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:26 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by mr_kent
Since these alarms are both firing every second, why not just make one alarm that calls aliases?

here is what i tried, they both fire when run speratly but not still not at the same time

#CLASS {Travel|travelstuff|traveldisable}
#ALIAS Dothetravelscript {#IF (%numitems( @movement) AND (@rt = 0)) {%item( @movement, 1);#DELN movement 1}}
#CLASS 0

#ALIAS Dothegaugescript {#IF (@shieldscounter > 0) {#ADD shieldscounter -1} {#VAR shieldscounter 0}}
#CLASS 0

#CLASS {General|thecounter}
#ALARM "OneSecondCounter" {*1} {
#IF (%class( Travel|travelstuff|traveldisable)) {Dothetravelscript}
#IF (%class( General|signscounter)) {Dothegaugescript}
}
#CLASS 0
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:59 am   

I pasted your script into a test window and ran it. It all works for me. It does seem like separate alarms would be simpler.
#ALA "TravelCounter" {*1} {#IF (%numitems( @movement) AND (@rt = 0)) {%item( @movement, 1);#DELN movement 1}}
#ALA "ShieldCounter" {*1} {#IF (@shieldscounter > 1) {#ADD shieldscounter -1} {#VAR shieldscounter 0}}
#CLASS 0
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:36 pm   

quote:

I pasted your script into a test window and ran it. It all works for me. It does seem like separate alarms would be simpler.
#ALA "TravelCounter" {*1} {#IF (%numitems( @movement) AND (@rt = 0)) {%item( @movement, 1);#DELN movement 1}}
#ALA "ShieldCounter" {*1} {#IF (@shieldscounter > 1) {#ADD shieldscounter -1} {#VAR shieldscounter 0}}
#CLASS 0

thanks lightbulb that works great, i deleted and reentered all my 1 second alarms as alais running off 1 alarm but still couldnt get it to work that way, deleting everything and doing seperate alarms now works.

Thanks Naz
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: