Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ulfy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:30 pm   

A few migration concerns

After looking for a while into 6.62 options, I have not been able to figure out how to make it look like my old 4.62.

#1: My MUD prompt, which is my HP/EP, appears at each and every line when I move using a path. Usually, this was not the case, as my prompt would only be visible when I input a command, and not when I am moving. Is there a way to get rid of this?

#2: In 4.62, I would press any keypad key, and the text in my command line would highlight, so I could delete it. In this version it is not the case. How can I make it happen again?

My questions might sound a bit pathetic, but it sure affects my mudding.

Thank you for any help.

Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:34 am   

The keypad keys are bound to directions when numlock is on, and function as regular arrow, pgup, home, etc. keys when numlock is off. If you want you could bind any or all of them with the #INPUT command to clear the command line. Other then that I would have to say turn numlock off to get the behavior you describe.

As to the prompt, I suspect it has always been there just 4.62 wasn't fast enough to handle it. Try setting up a trigger to #GAG it if you find it really bothersome. Personally I am used to ignoring at least half the text that flashes past. I have been that way ever since I upgraded from a 1200 baud modem (10 years ago).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: