Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mud_Automater
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:31 am   

Channel Capturing....

I play on a mud where some of the channels have word wrap and some don't. I currently have a script that allows me to transfer text from these channels to a seperate window called Channels. The channels that aren't hardcoded with wordwrap on the mud copy over just fine, as they are interpreted as one line in zmud and thus copy over correctly. Its the channels that are wrapped on the mud automatically that won't copy correctly. I was wondering if anyone could help me add something to a few of my triggers so that it will not just copy the first line of the message, gag it in the main window, and display the first line in the child window as well as the rest of the message in the main window.

Trigger:
#IF (@l_gos == 1) {
#WINDOW Channels %ansi( blue, high)"[GOSSIP] %1: %2"
}

where @l_gos refers to a button created to toggle logging on and off.
Mud_Automater
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:15 pm   

Okay, I see many have viewed this topic but none have replied... Maybe due to lack of info on my part? Anyways, here's a link to where I got this script to log my channels: http://shirmanos.student.utwente.nl/scripts/log_script.txt

I think you can just right-click and then do save target as and it will let ya download the text file. Import it into Zmud and check out what ya get. I'm pretty sure I just need to add something to a couple of the channel triggers to where it will just copy all the lines of text until its stopped by my prompt, though I have no idea how to do this.

My Prompt:
[8:23 PM]<Corinthia: Mystic Square> NESWD
[1169] HP:5350/5350 SP:2396/2488 EP:1463/1463
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:52 pm   

The standard method for handling multi-line captures is three triggers, with two of them in a class.

The class options are set to Disable when connecting

The first trigger is outside the class and is patterned to match the beginning of the channel (you'll may need one of these for each channel). It uses #T+ to enable the class.
The second trigger is inside the class and has a pattern of *. It uses #CAPTURE, #WINDOW, or other method of your choice to send the line to the desired window. It may also include #GAG.
The third trigger is also inside the class, and has a pattern to match the end of the channel (" . $ ' ^$ prompt). It disables the class using #T-.

If you want something more specific, look in the Finished Scripts forum.
Mud_Automater
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:21 am   

Thanks for the help, I'll see what I can do with that. I did look in the finished scripts forums but what I found didn't really help. I'm not much of a coder, so making sense of all this stuff is a bit overwhelming but I'll see what I can do I suppose. What you're telling me makes sense, I'm just so clueless that I don't know how to really make the triggers. Anyways, thanks alot for the input, I guess I'll wrestle with the commands some more. *scratches head*
Mud_Automater
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:20 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb

The third trigger is also inside the class, and has a pattern to match the end of the channel (" . $ ' ^$ prompt). It disables the class using #T-.

Is prompt supposed to be substituted by my mud prompt, or is that just a command?
Mud_Automater
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:39 pm   

Oh nvm on that last post, I finally figured out how simple these triggers really were when I sat down and thought about it. Thanks again for the input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: