Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sp000n
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:36 pm   

Directions...

The MUD(s) I play do not support the four diagonal directions: NE, SE, SW, and NW. Even though there didn't seem to be anything in it, I went into my Class folders and checked for the DirectionsDiag Class to be removed upon loading.

Everything seemed to be working just fine after this. Next, I loaded my huge script from a year or two ago and lost all directions except up and down! Directions entered as .une, for example, are sent to the MUD as une.

When I go to the Directions Class folder, it just shows Up and Down but doesn't allow me to add more or change these two.

Any suggestions?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:51 pm   

It sounds like you overwrote or deleted the directions in default.mud. If the directions have been overwritten or deleted, you'll need to recreate them. Since the Systems|Directions class is inherited, you should create your own Class to hold them.
#CLA MyDirections
#DIR ns "n|north" n
#DIR sn "s|south" s
#DIR ew "e|east" e
#DIR we "w|west" w
#CLASS 0
sp000n
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:58 pm   

Nice, thanks. And if anyone else has this problem, I inserted the following:

#dir ud "u|up" ne
#dir du "d|down" sw

I like to have my zones represented by a single layer map which doesn't get confusing on a MUD without diagonals. Otherwise, just change the last parameters.
sp000n
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:30 am   

Is there any way to view direction settings in Zmud? I can see the class that this created, but no visible settings.

The reason I ask is because it seems some of the directions are still coming through from someplace (default.mud?) and monkeying with my automapper. Even though I disabled all the other direction classes upon load, I still get double ups, downs and the other directions aren't working either... but in a more difficult way to describe.

There used to be a way to see the directions (they had a cute little compass icon) and edit them through the GUI editor. Still possible?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:00 pm   

Make sure that View|Show Inherited is checked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: