Play RetroMUD
l33tsupah4x0r
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:19 pm   

Request : Trigger help.

Greetings,

Mission : Automatic Fighter.

How i want it to work

Have X different text files, they would be containing all monsters in specific area.. keywords, example skeleton-archer-guy.

Bot should work #if bot_on = 1.

Problem : Lets say I have 3 .txt files, Planet_X.txt, Forest_Death.txt, Lard_Farm.txt. I want to load all the monster name in lard_farm.txt, so by typing this alias, "bot_location %1", i want it to read from the %1.txt file?

Advanced problem : I want Zmud to Randomly select 1 "target" from the aforementioned .txt file. The txt file maybe looks like this.

Code:

skeleton-monster-arch-one
skeleton-monster-arch-two
knight-undead-rotting-corpse

So randomly select one of those 3, and set it as my monster target {#var mob_target = the random pick}

Then If you can tell me how i can make zmud hunt it, i will use similar triggering to set other actions i need done.

Also, %1 just died. {#if @bot_on = 1} {#find random target from the correct determined .txt file},

Rince and repeat.

Thanks for any help in advance.
l33tsupah4x0r
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:19 pm   

bump :P
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:00 am   

Alright, you pissed me off...

Those of us here that help on a regular basis are doing just that...HELP. We are not here to write amazingly complex scripts just for you.

What you are asking for is an amazingly complex script. You made 2 posts both of which are your request for this script, one of them is to bump this request up after only 2 hours. The script you are asking for take well over 2 hours to write with complete information. You supply less then complete information, and NONE of us here are in the business of writing entire scripts for people.

Did I happen to mention that you pissed me off? Many of us work regular jobs and don't get around to checking the forums until after our work time. Your impatience alone is enough to get on my nerves.

I am going to do one nice thing in all this...It is really against what I proffess to be aggressive within these forums. I have gone so far as to email people and ask them to apologize to each other. I have done everything I consider reasonable in this case, and will not lock this topic (if another moderator wishes too then I can't argue).

This much I can say, if you read the help and work your way up to it then you can write what you seek on your own. If you want help with pieces of it along the way then I will be perfectly happy to help you. If you at least make some effort to understand how much you're asking for I will appreciate it. You said:
quote:

Thanks for any help in advance.

The help I am giving you is to tell you read the help files and get a clue. There is no charge for clues here, personally I sell them to people I work with at 1$ for 2 or buy one at $1.00 and get one free.

To reitterate a few key things: I am not an employee, representative, or compensated in any fashion by Zuggsoft. I feel that everyone should read these forums and be happy, to wit if I have offended in any way then my sincerest apologies. I also believe that that giving a man a fish merely feeds him for a day, but teaching him to fish feeds him for life.

Good luck on making your script.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: