Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kristen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:32 am   

looking for version 6.16

I upgraded to version 6.62 and for some reason, on one mud (and only this mud) my screen flickers every time the screen scrolls. It doesn't do this on any other mud I play on however. I want to go back to the version I had before I upgraded, version 6.16. Would anyone happen to have this in the install.exe and would send it to me?
Or does anyone know how to fix this flickering problem?

Thanks
Kristen
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:37 pm   

To fix the flicking problem, do not play that mud.
Seriously, What mud? I have never seen that problem and would like to see if it is just your computer or maybe it is common.

I have the 6.16ver of Zmud it would take time to upload and download so the best way is probably through Kazaa. If you do not have it you should get the Kazaa lite program from there home page.

Normaly I do not talk about other programs here on zmud but this is the only way I would let this program be downloaded.

If you are interested I will give you instructions on which program to download and the dates and times you may start your download from me.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:14 pm   

Try playing with your refresh rate.

View->Preferences->General
[ 5] Rrefresh amount

Refresh Amount (local)

Controls how many lines of text are buffered before being updated in the MUD output window. If set to one, the window will be updated after each line is received from the MUD, which results in very smooth scrolling, but is also the slowest settings. If set to zero, the window is only updated when the MUD finishes sending an entire network buffer, which results in jumpy scrolling (and may result in some lines never displayed if the buffer is larger than a screenful) but is the fastest. The default is 5 which updates the window after every 5 lines are received from the MUD. The default setting is a good compromise between speed and smoothness. Note that in any setting, triggers are always tested on each line received whether it is displayed or not.
Tincan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:55 pm   

If you want version 6.16, the easiest way to find hosts is to search for it in google.com or some other search engine.

As for the refreshing, why exactly has it been put into 6.62? I'm not exactly understanding what it does and it just seems to be more annoying than anything.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:41 am   

That particular refresh control has been there since version 5.x. While adjusting it may correct the display problems it is more likely that they are caused by recent changes to both telnet negotiation and vt100 standard compliance.

Through the most recent series of betas Zugg has made a tremendous effort to ensure that zMud behaves precisely to published standards and specifications. Also as the publisher of the MXP specification he has tried to make that spec. more clear. Historically many muds have kludged things so they work even when they don't meet spec.

Stock ROM code is full of such kludges in the telnet negotiation area. In order to try and not cause trouble there is an option to allow muds to get away with thier kludges. This can be done by deselecting Strict Telnet in the General|Emulation section of the Preferences. You might also try other options there to determine what the mud does not support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: