Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Malaphus
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:34 am   

Avoiding DT in my MUD

Can anybody give me an example of how I would do this?:

I have a db variable with a room name as the key and a direction letter (n,s,e,w,u,d) as the val... If the key is detected I want zMud to prevent me from typing the val that is associated with that key... so I wont accidentally walk north for instance into a DT...

Any ideas?
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:56 am   

You need to trigger on the room name list, Make an oninput trigger which checks the direction entered and #GAG's it if it heads to the DT. Then disable that oninput trigger based on a recall or movement in an ok direction.
Valdar
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:11 am   

This isnt exactly how to do what you wanna do... but it is, in my opinion, an easier way if you use the automapper to map your MU*...

Well why not just setup a room script which sets the macro for your directional key to "#say THAT WAY LEADS TO DEATH TRAP!!!" or somthing dramatic like that? If you dont use the keypad macros or anything like that (or its a nonstandard exit) then just setup an alias or somthing for the direction you would use for going to that room... You dont have to fiddle with getting rid of the things when you leave on an OK exit because room scripts auto-delete once you leave that room any way (they are kept in a special class folder specially reserved for room scripts i've noticed, very nice idea :)) much easier than messing with variables and triggers if you ask me...although if you dont use the automapper/play on one of those evil (near) impossible MU* to map then just forget this completely :)

(The ironic thing is i was trying to think of a simple way to do this last week... amazing what happons when some one else asks the question! lol)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: