Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
batman2227
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:15 pm   

Help with direction capture

Hi, I am trying to capture directions from my MUD, Achaea, not for any particular purpose, more just for learning from ZMUD. I scoured the forums for scripts similar found many of them, btw thank you Zuggsoft for the new forum search engine! I looked and learned a lot from them, but have come to the following problem, and would love some ideas on how to get around it. Here is my MUDs output for exits:
You see exits leading southeast, south, and northwest.
You see a single exit leading north.
You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.
You see exits leading north, east (open door), south, and west (open door).
You see a single exit leading east (open door).

Here is the script I am using:
#CLASS {ExitCapture} {disable}
#TRIGGER {You see exits leading (*).} {#var exitstring %replace( "%1", ",", "|");i = 1;#forall @exitstring {#if (%pos( "(closed door)", %i)) {#delnitem exitstring @i};#add i 1};exitstring = %replace( @exitstring, "(open door)", "");exitstring = %replace( @exitstring, " and ", "|");exitstring = %replace( @exitstring, " ", "")}
#TRIGGER {You see a single exit leading (*).} {#var exitstring %replace( "%1", ",", "|");i = 1;#forall @exitstring {#if (%pos( "(closed door)", %i)) {#delnitem exitstring @i};#add i 1};exitstring = %replace( @exitstring, "(open door)", "");exitstring = %replace( @exitstring, "and", "");exitstring = %replace( @exitstring, " ", "")}
#CLASS 0

Sorry that looks a lot more complicated than it really is. Basically, the big problem I am having is to be able to accurately capture rooms that have only two exits, I had to "trigger" off the and. This leads to #echo output such as this:
east|south||west
aka an empty position, with any other rooms, due to it replacing both "and" and the "," with |. Is there a way around this? I tried triggering ", and" to return a null value in replace, but it didn't work. Any help, and more importantly an explanation, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
batman2227
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:25 pm   

Here is the script I based mine on, I can't remember who it belongs to, but whomever it is, thank you. I just added a replace for "and" to set it to "|". Should look a little cleaner, and easier to read
#tr {You see exits leading (*).} {
#var exitstring %replace( "%1", ",", "|")
i = 1
#forall @exitstring {
#if (%pos( "(closed door)", %i)) {#delnitem exitstring @i}
#add i 1
}
exitstring = %replace( @exitstring, "(open door)", "")
exitstring = %replace( @exitstring, "and", "")
exitstring = %replace( @exitstring, " ", "")
}
Hope it helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: