Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mahtina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:55 pm   

Noob question on #gag

OK well when trying to gag out multiple lines of text, I'm still getting blank line feeds; about half the lines of the text I'm gagging. I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of them. I'm using zmud 6.16. I've tried reading other posts on the subject, but can't fix it.

example:
#TRIGGER {Silver threads of light surround} {#gag}

Silver threads is a group spell that appears multiple times depending on the size of the party. So if I have it gag out ten lines, five blank lines are still feeding in. Now I don't want to get rid of every blank line, just those.

TNX!
'Tina, nother player of Dragon's gate.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:57 pm   

Do those lines all come at one time, or are they double-spaced like normal mud output (between commands and the like)? If the original output is double-spaced, what's really happening is the matching line (and it's return character) is getting gagged out but nothing is handling that extra blank line.

Since it's a variable amount of lines, you're best bet is to use a blank-line trigger like so:

#trigger "tBlankLine" {^$} {#gag;#T- tBlankLine}

and anywhere you want to remove a blank line just follow your #gag with #T+ eBlankLine:

#TRIGGER {Silver threads of light surround} {#gag;#T- tBlankLine}

In other cases where you know the specific set/order of lines (ie, room output, arrival messages, etc), this becomes doubly easier in versions after 6.40 because you can specify the exact sequence with multi-state triggers.
Mahtina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:08 am   

Thanks Matt! That's exactly what I was looking for. :P

Me
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: