Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Logun0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:00 pm   

Triggers and Multi's and Alias's for Triggers

Hi,

Ok I like to run a bot over night, very simple commands, little combat, little spell casting and little movement. Each trigger generally has only one command. Is there any way to set up an alias to enable and disable a set of triggers at once so I don't have to keep picking individual triggers off my entire list?

Also I have two chars, and so I would like to have two distinct trigger sets, but it seems that when I try this I receive errors when I close Zmud down. When I log back in only one trigger set remains, the other is gone.

Is there a way around this? To link the trigger with the character and mud's name as a unique identifier?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers!
Logun
Emit
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:20 pm   

two things. when playing multiple characters on one mud, there are several things you can do to keep your triggers organized. my favorite way is to make these two alias'
#alias atconnect {#t+ %char}
#alias atdisconnect {#t- %char}

what this does is make a folder for each character, and keep only the folder for the currently connected char active. You can put character specific settings in the folder for that character, and still have a 'global' section at the top.

for your bot, i would make a class for the triggers and what not, call it 'nightbot' maybe. put all the ones you need in there. when you're off to bed, try
#t+ nightbot
and in the morning
#t- nightbot
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:28 pm   

The simplest way to keep triggers (and other settings) for different characters separated is to put them in different files. Select a character at the character screen, but instead of connecting click Edit. Go to the Files tab and change the Primary filename. If desired, you can use a copy of the original file instead of starting from scratch. It's also fairly easy to import settings, this is done by selecting Offline (so you won't be distracted by things happening on the MUD) from the character screen, then from the Settings menu, Import/Settings.
Logun0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:37 am   

Hmmm,

Creating the second class for the bot does not seem to work... at all. I have created a class called Falcon. Inside it are the bot triggers. When I type #t+ Falcon or #t- Falcon nothing happens. The triggers are neither enabled or disabled.

If I manually enable the triggers, they are not picked up and the bot remains idle.

Everything worked fine when all my triggers were in the <none> class.

Thoughts? One last question, if I have a trigger in <none> class and the same event in my subclass Falcon (different outcome) will the class falcon override <none> ?

Thanks!
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:54 am   

When using a Class, it's the Class that gets enabled and disabled not the individual triggers or other settings inside the class. Make sure all the triggers are enabled. Then use #T+ Falcon to enable the class, making the triggers active and #T- Falcon to disable the class, making all the triggers inactive.

When you have triggers in both the <none> class and the <Falcon> class with identical patterns, neither trigger will override the other. They will perform both sets of commands when a matching pattern is received.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: