Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Jesman
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:45 am   

Another #TRIGGER question

I have a question about this quote from the support files.

"Delays in Triggers

Often the commands you want to delay are the result of a trigger. You might fire a trigger on some specific text that tells you when you should execute another command after a delay. You can use the Wait trigger states for this. For example, the trigger:

#TRIGGER {You are tired.} {sit}
#CONDITION {} {stand} {Wait|Param=5000}

will watch the MUD for the text "You are tired.". When this text arrives, the "sit" command is sent to the MUD. Five seconds later (5000 ms), the "stand" command is sent to the MUD by the Wait condition added to the trigger. For more examples of trigger conditions, see the Advanced Trigger guide."

This appears to be what I need to do for a situation that happens to me while I'm speedwalking.

When I am moving from one room to another this will happen sometimes.

[Southern Trade Route, Endrus Forest]
The track through the choking forest is difficult to follow here. The path is extremely muddy and treacherous underfoot. At times the snaking detours into which the main route has jumbled become impossible to discern. A sinking, sickening sense of disorientation sets in.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest.
> ne
You suddenly feel a strange tickling all over your face. Horrified, you realize you have walked facefirst into a spiderweb that stretches across the trail. You wipe at your face and arms to remove the sticky web, but aren't quite satisfied that you've gotten it all off. Luckily, the web's architect seems to be elsewhere at the moment.
Webbed for 7 seconds!
> ne
You can't do that while entangled in a web.
> ne

A couple of questions:

1) I haven't seen the #Condition command in any of the help files to be able to read up on it. Could someone explain this command to me or let me know where I can read up on it.

2) Based on the above quote would this Trigger work to get my speedwalking started up again?

#TRIGGER {Webbed for %d seconds!} {#PAUSE}
#CONDITION {} {#STEP} {Wait|Param=%d000}

2a) and do I type the #CONDITION command as a separate command or as part of the #TRIGGER command?

Jesman
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:30 am   

Help on #CONDITION is very findable in alphabetical commands list under References. Although I believe you would be better served with an #ALARM here, because you can not adjust the time value on a wait type trigger.

#TR {^Webbed for (%d) seconds!$} {#PAUSE;#ALARM {+%1} {#STEP}}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: