Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Murk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:51 pm   

Rearranging Strings

Lets say I have an attack variable of Targets=Guard|Prisoner|Thief and I am using a macro that does #FORALL @Targets {kill %i}. Now lets say that I want to change the order to Prisoner|Guard|Thief. Is there a simple way to do this? I have not noticed any functions or commands that make this a one line operation. For that matter is there a good way at all to do this?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:30 pm   

quote:

Lets say I have an attack variable of Targets=Guard|Prisoner|Thief and I am using a macro that does #FORALL @Targets {kill %i}. Now lets say that I want to change the order to Prisoner|Guard|Thief. Is there a simple way to do this? I have not noticed any functions or commands that make this a one line operation. For that matter is there a good way at all to do this?

#variable would be a good choice, if you want to limit the rearranging to specific sequences. If you want a completely random reshuffling, though, you'll have to write some code to do it.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: