Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zornus
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:30 am   

Mapper slowed

I was browsing through previous posts to see if I could find this answer, but I didn't. There was one that was close though, but it was for a beta version. Currently I am using version 6.62.

The problem is, sometimes, for no apparent reason, the mapper goes extremely slow. It takes about 20 seconds to map each new room. It doesn't always do this though, more than half the time it runs very smoothly at about 1-2 seconds per room.

I've tried closing the mapper, and reopening it, and closing zMUD and reopening that as well and neither seem to work. After a long long time (of not mapping), it will beging to speed back up a little.

Everything else seems to slow to, but only if the mapper is open and in follow or create mode. So if the mapper is closed, or its open, but its off, then everything works fine.

Can anyone help me with this problem?
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:00 am   

Did you update all those MDAC and JET drivers? Even 1-2 seconds is on the slow side compared to what it should be. Using 6.62 I quite happily map at under a second per room... my PC's only 1300mhz too.
Zornus
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:41 pm   

I'll do that, but if thats the reason, why does it map fine most of the time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: