Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Guard1211

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:20 am   

Difficulties

I would like a script that each time a certain alias is inputted it uses a certain item then cycles to another item of the same type and uses and so on and eventually cycles back to the orginal and starts all over again. Basically spreading the usage of the items out to each one.
Example: 4 wands. each one does the same thing and has 50 charges each. I'd like the alias each time inputted to use one once then cycle to the next and so on down the line. They dont' need to get removed from a container or anything. Already in hand basically. So just need to be used.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:24 am   

quote:

I would like a script that each time a certain alias is inputted it uses a certain item then cycles to another item of the same type and uses and so on and eventually cycles back to the orginal and starts all over again. Basically spreading the usage of the items out to each one.
Example: 4 wands. each one does the same thing and has 50 charges each. I'd like the alias each time inputted to use one once then cycle to the next and so on down the line. They dont' need to get removed from a container or anything. Already in hand basically. So just need to be used.

Why do you want to do it that way? Is there some downtime between uses of a particular wand that doesn't interfere with your use of the other wands?

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:12 am   

How do you tell the wands apart? What's the command to use one? What do you want the alias called? What happens when they run out of charges?

LightBulb
Advanced Member
Guard1211

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:37 pm   

Okay lets do it this way. Same example instead of cycling it uses one up till its empty which does give a message that its empty.And if the item is attmpeted to be used again and its still empty. Though its not a unique message for that individual item. But all of items are ID by wand##### (##### being some usually 5 digit number). And lets have it put away the empties in a backpack if possible automatically. I also like to keep the aliases down to 3 letters for ease and speed.

I'm being little vague i know, but i'm trying to give enough to get an answer. but leaving enough out that i can adapt it to other items also. So commands for use eventually point and sip(sip for potions i plan on adapting eventually) at the moment.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:33 am   

You still aren't giving enough information for anyone but yourself or someone who recognizes you as a fellow player on the mud to help you.

Seriously, if you really want an answer, treat the rest of us like we're blind and dumb. Since it's almost a certainty we don't play on your mud and it's very likely we don't even play on a different mud like yours, that's about as much detail as we need to provide a complete answer.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 5:45 am   

I used to have this in my signature. Perhaps it's time I put it back.

Vague questions get vague answers

LightBulb
Advanced Member
Guard1211

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:22 pm   

okay. Lets do the slightly more important item.

I want a script that when used with the alias sph which inputs the command sip potion##### (potion##### being a potions bottle ID, which there are 4 potions each with an individual id, but they all do the same thing). When i run out i get "There is naught in an empty potion bottle worth supping." which does not say specific potion just that the one i tried to use is empty. Next, when found that the potion i just tried is empty. I want the potion to be put in my backpack. Then the alias switching automatically to the next potion in line to be used. This is as specific as i can think of to make it.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:12 pm   

#VAR potioncount 0
#AL sph {sip %case( @potioncount4 + 1, potion12345, potion67890, potion13579, potion24680)}
#TR {sip potion{12345|67890|13579|24680}}
#COND {There is naught in an empty potion bottle worth supping} {put %case( @potioncount4 + 1, potion12345, potion67890, potion13579, potion24680) in backpack;#ADD potioncount 1;sph} {Within|Param=1}

Best I can do with the limited info you're willing to provide.

Sample post which actually provides details. I've added numbers so you can see how the details correspond to the script request. I have no idea whether it matches your MUD or not:

I'd like a script so that when I type "sph" it (1)sips a healing potion. When the potion is (4)empty, I'd like to (2)put it in my backpack and sip from the (3)next one.

1. The command to sip a potion is
sip potion12345

2. The command to put the potion in the backpack is
put potion12345 in backpack

3. My potions all have numbers, they are
potion12345
potion67890
potion13579
potion24680

4. When I try to sip from an empty potion, I get this message from the MUD:
There is naught in an empty potion bottle worth supping.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
Guard1211

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:49 am   

It works. There any chance of having the potion references streamlined any? Since usually when I have multiple types of potions run out i tend to get refills on what i need then changing the potion references manually. Unless anyone can think of a automatic way to sort them. The ingame potionlist gives them in this format.
"pink potion71171" Type: Health Restoration Sips: 35.

with the color being any some color with the potion71171 being its item number and type: being what it does as in this restores health damage. Theres many other types just too many to try to list. 20+ some types
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: