Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Podar

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:06 pm   

6.62 upgrade issue

I've been using zmud 6.16 for ages. Aside from a few access violations while using the mapper, I have had no problems at all with the software. I'm running win2k with 1gb ram. When 6.62 came out, I decided to download it and upgrade to see if I liked it. Every time I try to run the upgrade, it crashes when converting my maps. I can then import all of my maps but none of the zone links are there. Is this an issue with 6.62 or an issue with my copy of 6.16? Thanks for all help provided.
mega_
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:07 pm   

I have exactly the same problem, upgraded from 6.16 too.

I also have another problem with variables
I have tons of script and stuff that all worked fine in 6.16 now after upgrading none seem to work propertly, seems to be some variable issue and i cant figure out why. Here is a sample:

A trigger tries to send this to mud:
c ~'@CurrentSpell~'

However all that gets to mud input is
c '§

i am not sure if it was exactly that char and i cant check it now. and yes variable currentspell has a value and that is certainly not that. it even somehow manages to lose that second quote from end of it.

Could anyone give me an idea how to solve this?
Thanks
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:31 am   

Podar, it is likely that your maps were corrupt. The best that is possible is to import them individually and relink them.

Mega_, the problem you mention was a bug in the the 6.61 release. This was corrected in 6.62 please check that your version is up to date. If you are indeed using the 6.62 version then please provide the most detailed description of what is wrong as possible. In the case of what you are mentioning: what is in the variable at the time, the rest of the script perhaps, and anything else you think might be pertinent. Most of the time bugs in public versions are due to something quite obscure that all of the beta testers never tried; and to find the exact problem an overload of information is useful.
mega_
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:48 am   

The script i got that previous error needs re-writing anyway, will look into that later.

However even this dosent output anything. Am i now just utterly stupid and havent set something in settings?

~@G and so are colour codes, it dosent work without them either, tried that too, must be something really simple..

#CLASS {char_status}
#ALIAS exph {gt ~@GSo far this hour~@R: ~@w@expperhour~@RXP ~@w@cashperhour~@R$$~@w}
#VAR expperhour {0}
#VAR cashperhour {0}
#CLASS 0
Podar

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 9:51 am   

I can understand the possibility that my maps are corrupt but is there any way to fix this before doing the upgrade? I'd like to keep all my links without having to redo them all by hand.

Podar
seamer
Magician

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:27 pm   

Dont quote me on this, I dont (ie cant configure the mapper:P) use maps but if you try converting/updating with zsconvert in the zmud folder, you just might get lucky. (keep a backup of the maps "just in case")

Why oh WHY did I have pass door on...
SpiritWolf
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:25 pm   

There was a database fixer/shrinker that was posted someplace on here from microsoft. I can't remember the name though. I think it was on the www.zuggsoft.com/data page.
Of course, it only works if all your maps are already in the new database format and not the "seperate files for each zone" type format.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: